Canon has announced the successor to the ever popular EOS 5D Mark III DSLR Camera. The new EOS 5D Mark IV boasts a long list of new and welcome features, most notably being a 30.4 Megapixel 35mm full-frame CMOS sensor with Dual Pixel Auto Focus, as well as the ability to record 4K Video up to 30p. Along with the 5D Mark IV, Canon introduced two new L-Series lenses: the EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III USM Ultra-Wide Zoom Lens and the EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM Standard Zoom Lens. These new lenses offer edge-to-edge sharpness across the imaging plane.
The EOS 5D Mark IV contains a new 30.4 Megapixel 35mm full-frame CMOS sensor and is accompanied by a 61-point High-Density Reticular AF II system, with user selectable AF points. ISO range for the 5D Mark IV is ISO 100-32,000 and is expandable to 50-102,400. Facial recognition and tracking has been improved, as well as capturing scenes with fast-moving action (such as nature and sports). The EOS Scene Detection Systems is able to compensate for flickering light sources by automatically adjusting shutter release timing.
Taking a leap forward from the EOS 5D Mark II and Mark III, the Mark IV introduces DCI 4K video recording. Canon’s Dual Pixel CMOS AF functions during 4K recording, allowing for continuous focus tracking. This autofocus technology assists in creating sharp focus for in-camera 4K Frame Grab extraction of 8.8 megapixel JPEG stills.
The EOS 5D Mark IV includes built-in Wi-Fi and Near-Field Communication (NFC) for easily transferring stills and videos to compatible devices. This feature also enables remote shooting with the Canon Camera Connect App. A built-in GPS receiver with compass provides geo-tagging information (latitude, longitude and elevation), making it simple to track shooting locations and syncing multiple-camera setups. The GPS feature will also sync the camera to the atomic clock, a useful feature for multiple photographers shooting the same event.
Availability of the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV is currently scheduled for early September 2016 with an estimated retail price of $3,499.00 (Body Only). There will also be body-and-lens kits with the EF 24-70mm f/L Lens (estimated retail price of $4,399, scheduled for early September) and the EF 24-105 f/4L IS USM Lens (estimated retail price of $4,599, scheduled for late October).
EOS 5D Mark IV DSLR Camera Specifications:
- New 30.4 Megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor with ISO range 100–32,000; expandable up to 50–102,400.
- 4K Motion JPEG video (DCI cinema-type 4096 x 2160) at 30p or 24p; in-camera still frame grab of 4K 8.8-Megapixel images; multiple video options include Full HD up to 60p, and HD up to 120p.
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF for responsive and smooth AF during video or Live View shooting; LCD monitor has full touch-screen interface, including selection of AF area.
- Up to 7.0 fps continuous shooting speed with high performance DIGIC 6+ Image Processor for improved speed and image quality.
- 61 AF points with expanded vertical coverage with 41 cross-points, and AF possible at all 61 AF points with many lens + extender combinations effective at f/8.
- 150,000-pixel RGB+IR metering sensor helps provide precise exposure metering, helps detect flickering lights and allows for enhanced scene recognition and face detection capabilities.
- Dual Pixel RAW, in-camera Digital Lens Optimizer during JPEG shooting and Diffraction Correction technologies.
- Built-in Wi-Fi®1 and NFC2 connectivity provide easy sharing to compatible smart devices, select social media sites and the Canon Connect Station CS100 device.
- Built-in GPS3 provides geotag information including auto time syncing with Universal Time Code (UTC) via satellites.
Pre-order the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV from Texas Media Systems today!