Firmware Version 184.108.40.206.00 incorporates the following fixes and enhancements:
1. Support for LCD monitor LM-V1*1,2 (separately sold) has been added.
2. Peripheral illumination/chromatic aberration correction has been added for the following lenses:
- EF-S 18-55mm f/4-5.6 IS STM
- EF-S 35mm f/2.8 Macro IS STM
- EF 85mm f/1.4L IS USM
*1 The LA-V1 LCD Attachment Unit cannot be used to attach the LM-V1 to the EOS C300 Mark II / EOS C300 Mark II PL cameras. 3rd party mounting options are required to use the monitor on this model camera.
*2 When using the LM-V1 with the separately-sold WFT-E6 or WFT-E8 Wireless File Transmitter and GP-E1 GPS Receiver, please be sure to maintain space between the two accessories.
The Canon C300 Mark II qualifies for a promotional 24 month 0% financing from Canon.
Canon C300 Mark II Cinema Camera In Stock
Canon UN-10 100cm Unit Cable In Stock
– You cannot perform the firmware update using CFast 2.0 cards. Please use a commercially available SD / SDHC / SDXC memory card that is 64MB or more for the firmware update.
– Firmware version 220.127.116.11.00 is for updating Cinema EOS C300 Mark II cameras running firmware version 18.104.22.168.00 – 22.214.171.124.00. If your camera’s firmware is already version 126.96.36.199.00, it is not necessary to update the firmware. Once the camera is updated to the latest version, it cannot be restored to a previous version.
– Please note that after updating the camera to Firmware Version 188.8.131.52.00 or later, if you wish to continue using CFast (VPG130) cards that were used before the firmware update, you will need to format the CFast cards with the camera. After the firmware update, and before formatting the CFast cards with the camera, make sure to back up the clips saved to the CFast cards.
– For further information, please refer to the latest version of the unit’s Instruction Manual that is released with the firmware update.
Preparations for the Firmware Update:
After the Firmware update has been performed, the camera’s menu and custom picture settings will be reset. It is recommended that users save their menu and custom picture settings as settings data to an SD card, separate from the one that will be used to carry out the update, before starting update operations. This saved data can be loaded into the camera and the settings can be changed after the update has been completed. For further information on this, please refer to the section in the unit’s Instruction Manual titled “Saving and Loading Camera Settings”.
The downloaded folder contains the firmware (file name: VLB1.FIM / file size: 43,843,616 bytes), and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish and Simplified Chinese). Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to carefully confirm your understanding of these instructions.
The following things are required to perform this firmware update:
1. A Cinema EOS C300 Mark II / EOS C300 Mark II PL camera body
2. A computer (OS Requirements: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 SP1)
3. A 64 MB or higher-capacity SD / SDHC / SDXC memory card (both commercially available)
4. An SD card reader/writer (commercially available) or an SD card slot built into the computer
5. A fully charged battery pack for the camera
6. Compact power adapter bundled with the camera
7. The firmware (the downloaded file)