Canon recently released a batch of firmware updates for a few different cameras.
The main one us in the video world are concerned with though are the new features this will add to the R5.
Here’s a list of the highlights of the new firmware as compiled by Canon Rumors.
- Added Canon Log 3 to Canon Log settings, a log gamma curve that possesses largely the same characteristics with Canon Log 1 but with a wider dynamic range. It is also found in our professional line of cameras, the Cinema EOS Series, allowing easier post-production camera matching work between the EOS R5 with Cinema EOS cameras.
- Added Low Bitrate recording option, allowing users to shoot smaller file size footage with lower image details. This is very useful for longer recordings that do not require the best possible image quality or when storage space is a concern.
- Added 120p Full HD video recording, allowing users to have the flexibility to select the desired resolution for slow-motion content thus allowing more convenience during post-processing.
- Electronic Full-time Manual Focus
- LCD Backlight OFF option
- FTP Transfer Status Display
- Protect Image Transfer
- Save/Load Settings on Card
- Fixes a phenomenon, in rare cases where the camera does not function normally when using certain CFexpress cards.
- Fixes a phenomenon, in rare cases where the camera does not function normally when the drive mode is set to “High-speed continuous shooting” to shoot still images continuously.