Panasonic announced the HC-X1, a 4K UHD Professional Handheld Camcorder that supports 4K 24p, UHD 60p/50p, FHD 60p/50p multi-format recording and HD super slow-motion (120/100 fps). The 24mm wide angle Leica Dicomar 4K lens offers 20x optical zoom, covering a range from 24mm wide-angle to 480mm telescopic (35mm film equivalent at 4K 24p).
The HC-X1 features a 5-Axis Hybrid O.I.S. that combines both optical and electronic image stabilization when in HD shooting modes. Hand-shake correction detects movement in various directions and corrects for a clear and stable image. The HC-X1 also features an Advanced O.I.S. that provides powerful image stabilization correction, even in the most unstable shooting locations.
A 4K 1.0-inch MOS Sensor delivers precise, high-speed recording with great depth of field and sensitivity. 4K 24p, UHD 60p/50p, FHD 60p/50p multi-format, and HD 120-fps (59.94Hz)/100-fps (50Hz) super slow-motion recording are possible.
The HC-X1 contains precise Intelligent AF, which can be customized by adjusting the AF speed, sensitivity and area.
Dual SD memory card slots allow unlimited relay recording, simultaneous recording and background recording options. Unlimited relay recording is enabled by simply changing SD cards during recording.
Users can download the AG ROP app for iPad which provides wireless remote control over camera settings, picture quality adjustment, REC start/stop, lens and menu settings. Recorded footage can also be viewed on an iPad through the AG ROP app.
The Panasonic HC-X1 incorporates many professional functions and controls:
- Zoom, Focus and Iris control rings.
- 2-Channel XLR Audio Inputs (16-bit linear PCM when recording MOV/MP4 or Dolby Digital when recording AVCHD).
- High-resolution OLED EVF display.
- Retractable touch LCD that can turn 270 degrees.
- ND Filters: 1/4, 1/16, 1/64.
- Auto White Balance Selector
- HDMI Output up to 4K 24p and UHD 60p/50p.
- Analog Video/Audio Out.
The HC-X1 will be available in December 2016 for a retail price of $3,199.99. Pre-order the Panasonic HC-X1 today from Texas Media Systems!
Canon has announced the successor to the ever popular EOS 5D Mark III DSLR Camera. The new EOS 5D Mark IV boasts a long list of new and welcome features, most notably being a 30.4 Megapixel 35mm full-frame CMOS sensor with Dual Pixel Auto Focus, as well as the ability to record 4K Video up to 30p. Along with the 5D Mark IV, Canon introduced two new L-Series lenses: the EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III USM Ultra-Wide Zoom Lens and the EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM Standard Zoom Lens. These new lenses offer edge-to-edge sharpness across the imaging plane.
The EOS 5D Mark IV contains a new 30.4 Megapixel 35mm full-frame CMOS sensor and is accompanied by a 61-point High-Density Reticular AF II system, with user selectable AF points. ISO range for the 5D Mark IV is ISO 100-32,000 and is expandable to 50-102,400. Facial recognition and tracking has been improved, as well as capturing scenes with fast-moving action (such as nature and sports). The EOS Scene Detection Systems is able to compensate for flickering light sources by automatically adjusting shutter release timing.
Taking a leap forward from the EOS 5D Mark II and Mark III, the Mark IV introduces DCI 4K video recording. Canon’s Dual Pixel CMOS AF functions during 4K recording, allowing for continuous focus tracking. This autofocus technology assists in creating sharp focus for in-camera 4K Frame Grab extraction of 8.8 megapixel JPEG stills.
The EOS 5D Mark IV includes built-in Wi-Fi and Near-Field Communication (NFC) for easily transferring stills and videos to compatible devices. This feature also enables remote shooting with the Canon Camera Connect App. A built-in GPS receiver with compass provides geo-tagging information (latitude, longitude and elevation), making it simple to track shooting locations and syncing multiple-camera setups. The GPS feature will also sync the camera to the atomic clock, a useful feature for multiple photographers shooting the same event.
Availability of the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV is currently scheduled for early September 2016 with an estimated retail price of $3,499.00 (Body Only). There will also be body-and-lens kits with the EF 24-70mm f/L Lens (estimated retail price of $4,399, scheduled for early September) and the EF 24-105 f/4L IS USM Lens (estimated retail price of $4,599, scheduled for late October).
EOS 5D Mark IV DSLR Camera Specifications:
- New 30.4 Megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor with ISO range 100–32,000; expandable up to 50–102,400.
- 4K Motion JPEG video (DCI cinema-type 4096 x 2160) at 30p or 24p; in-camera still frame grab of 4K 8.8-Megapixel images; multiple video options include Full HD up to 60p, and HD up to 120p.
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF for responsive and smooth AF during video or Live View shooting; LCD monitor has full touch-screen interface, including selection of AF area.
- Up to 7.0 fps continuous shooting speed with high performance DIGIC 6+ Image Processor for improved speed and image quality.
- 61 AF points with expanded vertical coverage with 41 cross-points, and AF possible at all 61 AF points with many lens + extender combinations effective at f/8.
- 150,000-pixel RGB+IR metering sensor helps provide precise exposure metering, helps detect flickering lights and allows for enhanced scene recognition and face detection capabilities.
- Dual Pixel RAW, in-camera Digital Lens Optimizer during JPEG shooting and Diffraction Correction technologies.
- Built-in Wi-Fi®1 and NFC2 connectivity provide easy sharing to compatible smart devices, select social media sites and the Canon Connect Station CS100 device.
- Built-in GPS3 provides geotag information including auto time syncing with Universal Time Code (UTC) via satellites.
Pre-order the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV from Texas Media Systems today!
CANON EOS 5D MARK IV DSLR CAMERA BODY
CANON EOS 5D MARK IV DSLR CAMERA W/ 24-70MM LENS
CANON EOS 5D MARK IV DSLR CAMERA W/ 24-105MM LENS
Blackmagic Design have released Camera 4.0 Update (Beta) for the URSA Mini 4.6K and 4K cameras. Please note that this release is a public beta and for trial/testing purposes only. URSA Mini users working on commercial productions should continue using the current software.
The Camera 4.0 Update adds tons of new features including an entirely new operating system and a brand new user interface for Blackmagic’s URSA Mini cameras. You can download the Camera 4.0 Update Public Beta from Blackmagic’s website here.
What’s New in the Camera 4.0 Update?
Blackmagic URSA Mini 4.6K and 4K
- New URSA Mini OS.
- New heads up display.
- New menu system to allow faster operation.
- New monitoring options separately configurable for different SDI outputs.
- Added ability to load 3D LUTs (Look Up Table) for monitoring.
- Added ability to save and load camera settings presets.
New Heads Up Display Features
- Swipe up or down to show and hide the heads up display.
- Added pan-able focus zoom.
- Added ability to change frame rate directly from heads up display.
- Added ability to change iris from heads up display on electronic lenses.
- Added ability to toggle timecode or duration from heads up display.
- Added ability to toggle favorite off-speed frame rate quickly.
- Added ability to change shutter angle from heads up display.
- Added flicker free shutter angle suggestions.
- Added manual shutter angle option for up to 2 decimal places.
- Added indicators for genlock, timecode status, and sensor window in heads up display.
- Added ability to change ISO from heads up display.
- Added ability to change white balance from heads up display.
- Added white balance presets including daylight, tungsten, fluorescent, mixed lighting, and overcast.
- Added tint control.
- Added auto white balance feature.
- Added audio input and headphone level control from the heads up display.
- Added media status page for formatting cards and media information.
- Added ability to toggle battery indicator from heads up display.
- Added monitoring option controls from heads up display including zebra, focus assist, frame guide and grids.
New Metadata Features
- Improved slate and metadata functionality.
- Added lens data information to slate metadata.
- Added auto-fill lens metadata from electronically controllable lenses.
- Changed slate shortcut from a single tap to a sideways swipe on the LCD.
New Record Features
- Added additional ProRes resolutions for URSA Mini 4.6K including 4.6K 16×9, 4.6K 2.4:1, 4K DCI, 3K Anamorphic, 2K 16×9 and 2K DCI.
- Added additional RAW resolutions for URSA Mini 4.6K including 4.6K 2.4:1, 4K 16×9, 3K Anamorphic, 2K 16×9 and HD.
- Added option to select the preferred card for recording.
New Monitor Features
- Improved screen colorimetry for the built in LCD.
- Added ability to switch 3D LUT on and off for each output individually.
- Added ability to switch false color, zebras, focus assist, frame guides, grids and safe area guide on or off for each output individually.
- Added clean feed toggle for each output.
- Added program tally indicator for the built in LCD and Front SDI when using ATEM.
- Added monitoring option for tally, crosshairs and centre dot as part of grids.
- Added 14:9 frame guides.
- Added configurable safe area guides.
- Expanded options for focus assist to include red, green, blue, black and white as well as peaking.
- Added option for viewing codec and resolution setting instead of meters on the built in LCD.
New Settings Features
- Added ability to program function buttons as a preset for frame rate, iris, white balance, ISO or shutter angle.
- Added ability to program function buttons for Up or Down frame rate, iris, white balance, ISO or shutter angle.
- Added ability to program function buttons as a toggle for clean feed, display LUT, frame guides, focus assist, false color, zebra, grids, safe area guides, off-speed and color bars.
- Added flicker free shutter frequency selection for 50Hz or 60Hz.
- Added support for drop frame timecode.
- Added ability to trigger color bars from camera.
- Added factory reset function.
- Added hardware ID display.
- Added software version display.
New Presets Features
- Added ability to create up to 12 global camera settings presets.
- Added ability import and export camera presets to CFast media.
New 3D LUT Features
- Added ability to monitor with 3D LUTs.
- Added ability to import 3D LUT from CFast media.
- Added ability to store up to 6 custom 17 point or 33 point LUTs into the camera’s internal flash memory.
- Added the ability to export one of the camera’s 3D LUTs to CFast media so you can pass the 3D LUT to a colorist or editor.
- Added ability to delete 3D LUT from camera’s internal memory.
New General Features
- Improved timecode functionality for external timecode and jam timecode.
- Improved white balance performance.
- Added option for single clip or all clip playback.
- Added loop playback feature.
Blackmagic URSA Viewfinder
- Improved colorimetry for viewfinder.
- Improved proximity sensor sensitivity.
- Improved proximity sensor timeout settings.
- Improved frame guide appearance.
- Added support for URSA Mini OS metadata settings.
- Added support for new frame guides, safe area guides and grids.
- Added menu items for configuring overlay settings.
Click here to learn more and download the Camera 4.0 Update Public Beta.
Order the Blackmagic URSA Mini 4.6K from Texas Media Systems below!
BLACKMAGIC DESIGN URSA MINI 4.6K EF CAMERA
BLACKMAGIC URSA MINI 4.6K EF KIT: VIEWFINDER, SHOULDER-MOUNT, V-MOUNT
BLACKMAGIC DESIGN URSA MINI 4K EF CAMERA