Some SanDisk CFexpress card readers bundled with C500 MarkII kits have been experiencing issues properly seating cards, making transferring data impossible. Canon and SanDisk are aware of this problem and are working towards a solution.
Read this notice for more information from Canon
Read this notice for more information from SanDisk
If you are experiencing issues with your own card reader contact SanDisk customer support
Wrapping rubber bands around the reader to hold the card in the reader has been found to work in a pinch.
Canon USA has just released the Canon C200 and C200B firmware version 22.214.171.124 update that is available now. If you’re an owner of one of the two cameras we highly recommend to update and keep your equipment up to date. Here are a few things on what’s been updated and fixed with this new update.
Firmware Version 126.96.36.199.00 incorporates the following fixes and enhancements
- Fixes image quality degradation, such as color misalignment or edge distortion, may occur in the recorded footage when using the following combination of settings:
– recording format XF-AVC
– frame rate 59.94i / 50.00i
– 1920×1080 resolution
- Optimizes the Black Gamma compensation when Normal 1 to Normal 4 is set for Gamma in the Custom Picture settings.
- Optimizes color accuracy in areas of high brightness when Normal 1 to Normal 4 is set for Gamma in the Custom Picture settings.
- You cannot perform the firmware update using CFast 2.0 cards. Please use a commercially available SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card that is 128MB or more for the firmware update.
- Firmware version 188.8.131.52.00 is for updating Cinema EOS C200 cameras running firmware version 184.108.40.206.00 – 220.127.116.11.00. If your camera’s firmware is already version 18.104.22.168.00, it is not necessary to update the firmware. Once the camera is updated to the latest version, it cannot be restored to a previous version.
Steps for the Firmware Update
After the firmware update has been performed, the camera’s menu and custom picture settings will be reset. It is recommended that users save their menu and custom picture settings as settings data to an SD card, separate from the one that will be used to carry out the update, before starting update operations. This saved data can be loaded into the camera and the settings can be changed after the update has been completed. You can download the firmware update here. The downloaded folder will contain the firmware (file name: VNC4.FIM / file size: 39,287,424 bytes), and instructions on the firmware update procedures.
Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to carefully confirm your understanding of these instructions.
The following things are required to perform this firmware update:
1. An EOS C200 or EOS C200B camera body
2. A computer (OS Requirements: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 SP1)
3. A 128 MB or higher-capacity SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card (both commercially available)
4. An SD card reader/writer (commercially available) or an SD card slot built into the computer
5. A fully charged battery pack for the camera
6. Compact power adapter bundled with the camera
7. The firmware (the downloaded file)
Once you have everything ready it’s just a matter of uploading to your camera. For a complete detailed version of how to update the firmware on your camera click here.
If you have any questions give us a call at 512-440-1400 to speak with a sales rep today or shop Texas Media Systems online here.