On Wednesday, July 27 2016 Canon released Firmware Update Version 188.8.131.52.00 for the Canon EOS C100 Mark II Cinema Camera. The new update brings new features and improvements to one of Canon’s most popular cameras.
Firmware Version 184.108.40.206.00 incorporates the following:
1. Please note that the following features are only enabled when these specific lenses are attached to the Canon C100 Mk II: CN7x17 KAS S/E1, CN-E18-80mm T4.4 IS KAS S, CN20x50 IAS H/E1. The lens firmware must also be updated to the latest version.
- Enables autofocus via the Dual Pixel AF function. (Please note that this feature is not applicable to the CN20x50 IAS H/E1 lens)
- Enables the joystick on the grip assembly to operate the zoom function.
- Enables iris control to be set to manual, and control of focus, zoom and iris using RC-V100 Remote Controller (sold separately).
- Enables automatic aperture and push auto iris.
- Enables retrieval of metadata (model name, focal distance, etc.) of the attached lens.
2. Adds peripheral illumination for the following lenses:
- COMPACT-SERVO Lenses: CN-E18-80mm T4.4 L IS KAS S
- EF Lenses: EF 35mm f/1.4L II USM, EF 50mm f/1.8 STM, EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 USM
3. Enables the built-in monaural microphone to be set to “Off” position.
Once the C100 Mk II has been updated to the latest firmware, it cannot be restored to a previous version.
Only update to Firmware Version 220.127.116.11.00 if your Canon EOS C100 Mk II is running Firmware Version 18.104.22.168.00 – 22.214.171.124.00.
Preparations for Update:
The camera’s menu settings and Custom Picture setting will be reset once the firmware update has completed. Canon recommend saving your menu and custom picture settings to an SD card before performing the update (make sure the SD card is separate from the one you will use to perform the update). Once the update has been performed, the saved settings can be reloaded into the camera.
These items are required to perform the firmware update:
1. Canon EOS C100 Mk II Cinema Camera
2. A computer running Windows (10, 8.1, 8. 7 SP1) or Mac OS X (10.7-10.11)
3. SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card
4. SD Card Reader, or SD Card Slot on a computer
5. Fully charged battery for the camera
6. The Firmware Update folder (downloaded from the Canon website)
The downloaded firmware folder contains the procedure manual for updating the firmware.
The Firmware Update Version 126.96.36.199.00 for the Canon EOS C100 Mark II can be downloaded from Canon’s website here.
You can purchase the Canon C100 Mark II from Texas Media Systems today using the links below: