Canon has released Firmware Version 184.108.40.206.00 for the EOS C100 Cinema Camera (with the Dual Pixel CMOS AF Feature Upgrade applied). The new update fixes a phenomenon in which, when specific lenses (EF 24-70mm f/4L IS USM / EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM) are attached to EOS C100 (Dual Pixel CMOS AF) cameras running Firmware Version 220.127.116.11.00, the image stabilization mechanism does not operate even when the lens’ IS switch is in the ON position.
Please Note: Firmware Version 18.104.22.168.00 is ONLY for EOS C100 cameras which have Firmware Version 22.214.171.124.00 – 126.96.36.199.00 with the Dual Pixel CMOS AF Feature Upgrade applied.
You can download Firmware 188.8.131.52.00 from the Canon website, here.
After the Firmware update has been performed, the camera’s menu settings and Custom Picture settings will be reset. Canon recommends that users save their menu and Custom Picture settings as settings data to an SD card, separate from the one that will be used to carry out the update, before starting update operations. This saved data can be loaded into the camera and the settings can be changed after the update has been completed.
– Save and unzip the downloadable archive.
– Insert the SD card into the camera’s SD card slot, and close the card cover.
– Slide the Power switch to [CAMERA].
– After pressing the [MENU] button, navigate to the [OTHER FUNCTIONS] Menu and open the [INITIALIZE MEDIA] submenu.
– Select [SD CARD], and then select the slot you inserted the card in to (A or B).
– Select [COMPLETE] and then press [OK] to complete the initialization of the SD card.
– When the confirmation message appears, press [OK].
– Exit the Menu and slide the Power switch to OFF. Remove the SD card from the camera.
– Copy the firmware update data to the SD card.
– Insert the prepared SD card into the camera’s SD card slot.
– Slide the Power switch to CAMERA.
– After pressing the [MENU] button, open the camera firmware submenu by selecting [OTHER FUNCTIONS] [FIRMWARE] [CAMERA].
– The firmware update confirmation screen will be displayed.
– When you select [OK], the firmware update will start.
– After the update ends, the camera will restart automatically, and a firmware update completion screen will be displayed.
– When you select [OK], all settings will be reset and the [DATE/TIME] screen will appear. Set the date/time.
– Check that the firmware version has changed to current one.
– Exit the Menu, and slide the Power switch to OFF, and then remove the SD card from the camera.