The new ZEISS Lens Gear Rings instantly turn the ZEISS Otus, ZEISS Milvus and ZEISS Loxia lenses into “cinema” lenses by adding follow focus support. Made from premium aluminum with a hardened surface coating, the lens gears come in 4 sizes (mini, small, medium and large), allowing for maximum versatility. No tools are necessary as the gears are easily slid onto the lens and attached to the focus ring simply by turning the two counteracting rings.
Each lens gear is supplied with a rubber covered band, the GumGum, which features an adhesive surface. This means the inner diameter can be reduced according to the lens diameter, thus supporting multiple lenses. The GumGum also protects against scratches and other damage to the focus ring of the lens.
- Quick mounting – no tools needed
- Made of lightweight aluminum
- Hardened surface coating
- Features a 0.8 pitched gear
- Follow focus runs smoother than ever before
- No more screwdrivers, worn-out belts or protruding straps
The ZEISS Lens Gear Rings will be available April 21, 2016. Click here for more information.
ZEISS has also announced bundles for the Loxia, Milvus, and Otus lens ranges.
- Loxia Lens Bundles are available in 2 or 3 Lens Sets and include a custom Transport Case with removable soft side bag, ZEISS ND Lens Gears and De-Click Keys.
- Milvus Lens Bundles are available in ZE or ZF.2 versions and include a choice of 3-6 lenses, with ZEISS ND Lens gears.
- Otus Lens Bundles are available in ZE or ZF.2 versions in 2 or 3 Lens Sets and include a custom Transport Case and ZEISS ND Lens Gears.